Monday, December 18, 2006

Waterloo Road opening credits

There's nowhere near enough opening credit sequences of old movies on Youtube. They are great - I wish I had time to collect them - with the music, the scene setting shots of old transport (trains feature in this sequence) they are like pop videos, or mini documentaries. Anyway there's a story to do with this movie - my Grandfather - who was a Great War hero and father of ten always resisted his children's insistence that he went to the cinema by saying 'I'll go when they make a film about Waterloo Road' - this being the nearby street - finally to their glee out came this movie about a street in London so they insisted the bugger went to see it - finally getting him to be a cinemagoer. 'Did he enjoy it?' I asked my Dad - 'I think he fell asleep'.