Sunday, July 09, 2006

Pirates of the Caribbean

Middle daughter is off to see this today. Everyone loved the first one - bar me - of course and I am sure this will be a hit. Imdb here Shot back to back with the 3rd film which is coming out next year this may mean even the biggest fans might get a little sick of it. I don't really like Pirate movies - I can't say I've ever seen one that really had any effect on me - but I am sure my opinions won't make a jot of difference to the Disney corporation. I don't really like Depp's Keith Richards impression much and that's obviously central to enjoying the movie, don't like swordfights much and I didn't like the way they mixed periods with the costume - off the top of my head sometimes 1770s and sometimes 1700s. The comic elements were pretty lame too. So given that this movie will be like the first one I think I will give it a miss.

No comments: