Thursday, October 19, 2006

French and Indian war in the UK footage

Here's a little movie of the reenactment society New France and Old England I started back in 96 - still going strong - here it is back in the spring of this year. It used to be a lot bigger when I was running it but it was a bit of a craze back then. I was going to go along but my lift fell through so I decided to knock reenactment on the head unless I could cycle or use public transport to get there. My feelings are now that I would like to start something or other but something local and that would appeal to young people of my kids age group. Gun-based reenactment is doomed in this country in my opinion. Maybe something from Dark Ages or Roman is best where all you need is a spear and a shield. Anyone have any thoughts... other than 'you're mad'?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You ain't mad Ralph. Cynical, hard bitten and within touching distance of 50 perhaps.