Monday, October 30, 2006

5,000 hits

I don't know - am I sad mentioning this? I was the 5,000th visitor to my blog - bang goes my dream of hunting whoever it was down and giving them a cd or a toy Humvee - probably tells you who is the main person reading it too. I was also visitor 666 an' all. What is it like writing a blog? I hear you ask.... well imagine you are at a car boot sale on your own with your stuff, some good, some crap - some old toys, the odd video - but you're blindfolded - noones buying anything - but you hear the odd tut or maybe a chuckle as someone looks at something and maybe the sound of a teapot lid being lifted, the smell of a waft of tobacco smoke - someone familiar - then you think to yourself - Why did I do this car boot sale? Was it for money? To get space? Something to do on a Sunday morning? Am I lonely? Should I just leave all the stuff in a pile and drive home? Or maybe I should whistle a merry tune and talk to myself, and say phrases like 'lovely day' or when someone drops something 'they'm all alive!' I remember saying to Bea 'nobody visits my blog' and she said 'how many other people's blogs do you visit?' and I said 'None' and she said 'well there you go then'. So maybe I ought to. Write less read more maybe that ought to be my new motto. Now I have you feeling sorry for me listen to the Bad Detectives Yard Sale of Sorrow in sympathy.

No comments: