Sunday, August 26, 2007

Ralphadeus

Well as this page is approaching 10,000 hits I thought it might be a good time to talk about the blog and give some kind of insight into the things I write about. At the moment I get about 20 hits a day - half of them could be categorised as friends and family and the other half is through search engine queries that draw people onto the site. I know most regular visitors aren't that interested in some of the things I write about but they tend to be the things that draw people in from afar, so to speak.
Do I wargame, reenact or make models? Not these days but I feel qualified to write about these things and writing about them seems a reasonable contribution to the subject. If I can attract people with the opening sentences that occur on search pages the hopefully their curiosity will be aroused to look and look further. For this reason I try to group subjects so if someone is looking for something the other items are linked in some way. I don't promote the site really - I get less hits than say this time last year but I am not too bothered after all if I wanted loads of hits I could write about Big Brother or celebrities' sex lives or even Sharpe but then where's the challenge in that? I feel quite pleased when I write about something and it is about the only non commercial piece on it on the internet in the English language - then I feel pretty good - so I am naturally after the obscurer items of interest, creating a niche if you like.
Anyway enough rambling. Thank you for reading if you are a regular and if you're an irregular visitor sorry about the stuff that is of no interest - whatever that may be!