Thursday, August 16, 2007

Austrian Seven Years War reenactors







I must admit I feel a bit guilty in that I have probably been more interested in the goings on in America during the Age of Reason and haven't really got involved with the continental side but as we're in the middle of the 250th anniversary allow me to put some links up of some great Austrian regiments active in the Czech republic. Being English speaking often with the influence of Hollywood it's easier to find the sources more accessible and somehow more alluring.

IR Salm-Salm and Regiment Wied are the two groups pictured and they look great so get in touch if you are thinking of getting into recreating the SYW. If we ever move to central Europe as I sometimes fantasise doing I will organise a Hungarian unit. The Grenzers below impressed me but I would want to get away from talking to old ladies about how to fire a musket and get skirmishing out in the woods. See also Czech French and Indian war reenactors