Sunday, June 18, 2006

Waterloo pics

As its the 18th June why not check out Phil Thomason's gallery of photos from previous years reenactments of the Battle of Waterloo - fought this day in 1815. I used to do Napoleonic reenactment but all the photos I have of me make me look stupid but if I find any that make me look cool I'll post them. I used to be on the French side. Napoleonic reenactment has come along a long way since when I did it in the late 80s but it was a fascinating time when I did it as the Berlin wall was still in place and meeting up with Eastern Bloc reenactors was a real achievement and we gained a unique insight into that world that was about to change forever. We were in Czechoslovakia reenacting the battle of Austerlitz at the time of the run up to the Velvet Revolution so that was pretty hairy I can tell you.

No comments: