Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Anglian Miniatures

My Anglian Miniatures Spanish Civil War figures arrived and they look great! Well detailed and well proportioned these 28mm figures made quite an impression.... 'better than Wargames Foundry' was what my son declared.
My I.B. figures are kitted out in the correct historical dress, from what I know of the period and the weapons were faithfully represented.
You get a sheet with information on how to paint them and some ideas for further reading - including an Osprey Elite on the International Brigade which I didn't know about, so it's a great place for a novice to start.
A feature that was nice was the bases were nicely sculpted - a real base rather than an ugly clump of lead which makes a nice option if you don't like sticking models on what usually looks to me like an overgrown shredded wheat.
So to conclude, 5 stars all round!

No comments: