Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The Saints 'Know Your Product'

This song I don't remember from when it came out - I bought all the early Saints singles like This Perfect Day - the 1-2-3 ep - Erotic Neurotic and then I lost interest. I think I heard the new material was rubbish so I didn't bother. Anyway it was my loss as this is a cracking piece of punk rock and I first heard it on a compilation by the Hives.
If you want to see the Saints miming to This Perfect Day on Top of the Pops here's your chance. TPD is a brilliant song - The Fall did a cover of this - when I read about it I thought it would be the perfect vehicle for the Fall and I could easily imagine them doing it, but when I heard it it was crazy - sang in a bizarre falsetto with crap backing. So full marks for unpredictability although I would have preferred to hear the version that was in my head!
Official site
Lyrics to TPD here
Wiki on The Saints

No comments: