Monday, September 24, 2007

Dave Dee Dozy Beaky 'Mitch' and Titch 'Hold Tight'

Another Deathproof posting - this time about the Salisbury Wiltshire beat band played in Quentin Tarantino's latest hit movie. Wrongly called 'Mitch' and Titch by the character Jungle Julia of course it should be Mick and Titch. Dave Dee was once a policeman and was at the scene of Eddie Cochran's death and held his guitar. Wow. I knew a couple of people who were in St Martin's hospital when they brought his body in but that's not so impressive is it? Sue's a DDDBMT fan - I got into them once I heard the Fall's version of 'The Legend of Xanadu' and of course I remember 'Bend it' and 'Zabadak' from my youth. Great bubblegum in effect. Dave Dee was an A&R man when we were active in the late 70s. Anyway this clip is laugh out loud funny and features Valerie Singleton from Blue Peter. On some of the clips I notice he's dressed in Regency modes - very Beau Brummel... Watch the whipcracking Xanadu here
Have a feast of DDDBMT on youtube here
Search Amazon for Dave Dee Dozy Beaky Mick and Titch