Wednesday, September 12, 2007

BBC Four comics season


Fans of the genre are no doubt pleased with this tv season of films about comics - 'In Search of Steve Ditko' and Tintin creator Herge are featured as well as the 60s Batman TV series which must have the all time greatest tv theme ever. What child doesn't know the song? Is it my imagination or does that song Chick Habit (see below) sound like the Batman theme song? When I was 6 watching Adam West and co camping it up I had no idea it was tongue in cheek - maybe that was the secret of its success? My parents didn't really like me watching it but I did have a few toys - not as many as my daughter Celia - she has a phenomenal collection of Batmobiles, games, bedspreads... she could open a museum. Talking of Batmobiles my son asked where there were any of the 60s cars - I remember seeing one painted orange at a museum in Great Yarmouth and looking on the web a Scandinavian millionaire snapped one up from ABC for 120,000 pounds. Best bet if you want one is to buy a replica - from here.