Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Call of Duty 2 - the Big Red One

My kids (well not kids anymore but you know what I mean) have long wanted to find a Playstation game that was historically accurate enough for me to want to play on it and I think they found one in this game. A first person shooter (means you see a little rifle in the foreground) that takes you through North Africa, Russia apparently (dont ask how) Normandy and so on, operating various weapons and craft. It's wonderful - yesterday I drove a Stuart tank against Panzers. The scenery is well done and the vehicles and weapons superb.
So... if your kids have a PS2 get a copy of this game - it's really good. I actually prefer letting the offspring play it as they are better at it and I just watch and bore them with background chatter, like why the guys you're fighting are French, and why the Garand isn't worth trading for a Kar 98.

No comments: