Sunday, June 22, 2008

Austro-Prussian War Reenactors


I am not sure whether the Austrian army reenactors who do the Austro-Prussian war would be involved in a reenactment of Solferino - there's only 7 years or so difference but anyway I have been really impressed by the images of the Austro-Prussian war being reenacted - and now on one of the sites there is a really good video. I think I would have to be an Austrian if I was invited over to do a battle of this period. Here's Austro-Hungarian infantry and a horseman of the time. I love looking at these photos - so refreshing to see what counts as a UK person as an obscure time in history being done so well. Of course that's really anglocentric but it's easy to get locked into your own English-language oriented worldview, but I suppose ever since the internet was invented it's easier to see what is going on around the world.