Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Have car will travel

Our next-door neighbours have kindly leant us their car while they go on holiday - how nice is that? Anyway it means that we can zoom about the countryside like everyone else, although I doubt we'll go far as we have a load of ferrets to feed and keep clean but it will be pleasant to get out and about without relying on the terrible bus service that we have. I hope I can still remember how to drive as it's been about 6 years since we last had a car. Some journeys like the one to Frome and Bath I could probably do with my eyes closed, though I shan't be trying it to see whether that's true. I wonder if there's any good gigs on? The serious business of choosing what cds to play is the next item on the agenda - fast and frantic like the Polysics or calm and soothing? I don't really have any calm and soothing music apart from some Yo La Tengo and the Wicker Man soundtrack. I bought a Carpenters tape once to try and create a pleasant ambience in the car but everyone hated it, especially when I sang along in a flat voice 'Calling occupants of interplanetary craft!' try it - it's fun!
My favourite feelgood goosefraba song, and universally popular family-wise is Sugartown by Nancy Sinatra. Watch the lovely cheesey video here. How could you get road rage with that on the stereo?

No comments: