Sunday, May 07, 2006

40mm scale heaven - Drabant Miniatures

These figures look fantastic. The designers have taken what could be a drab period and by the quality of their sculpting elevated it to an exquisite degree. These figures are well worth a look at - there's not a large amount of cavalry yet, but there's some pretty impressive infantry. I hope this company do well as its definitely raising the standards in what can be a difficult market.
From what I know of this period the French figures are more for the later Marlborough period having the belly-box and side bayonet carriage rather than 1701 as marked in the catalogue, but that's a minor thing.
I am so impressed by these if anyone wants one and he sends it to me I will paint it for free.
The website has some idiosyncratic English and it would be nice to see some bulk deals.
Also available from Old Glory in the UK

No comments: