Saturday, October 22, 2005

Hating Harry Potter

While at said pub - for a pub quiz which we won - I got pretty angry with the Quizmaster - three questions on Harry Potter? I objected - it's enough that the BBC push this crap on 'the kids 'through constantly banging on about it and would-be (fake) good parents thinking that it is somehow good for them (children)... I have to say - you're not fooling me - it's very name sends shivers up my spine - such middle-class vowel sounds make me realise that this is the new Enid Blyton - something designed to package our children off to suburban Bourgeoise nirvana - a brief respite before getting involved in ASBOS and drugs. It's always used as an excuse 'but it gets the kids to read' - what other books do you buy them then...obviously nothing any good...

No comments: