Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Italian Tanks - the M13/40 in particular


I don't know why but I find the less-than brilliant tanks of ww2 more interesting than the more famous successful machines. Most of the tanks I like were pretty obsolete by the time war got going properly. The above website is an interesting history of the Italian tank corps.


I have recently become interested in the Italians after playing Call of Duty 2 online - where you get to drive a M13/40 and fight as Italians in a few battles. Sites worth looking at include this one about Italian tanks in North Africa and this one about the M13/40 and 41 and this one about tanks in Italian service. Here is a review of the Tamiya 1/35 scale model and a review of the Zvezda version. Here is a review of the Esci 1/72 model which is being rereleased by Italeri in November 2006. The above image is of an Italian tank helmet which went on ebay for 36 pounds. Bargain...wish I'd bidded now

No comments: