Saturday, February 11, 2006

Alien Big Cats in Somerset

This week's local paper the Somerset Guardian has another pair of black cat sightings in my area - this phenomena has been increasing in the south west for a number of years and is quite a mystery - most descriptions are of a large black cat about the size of a dog with orange eyes and a long tail, with a cat-like gait. A booklet has been published Some early reports here A Fortean Times article here
News from the British Big Cats Society here Big Cat Study Group Here
A number of theories abound as to what is going on - has the island always supported an elusive population? - has someone been systematically introducing them? It certainly is a mystery.
Since writing this my next door neighbour reports that he has seen one (ABC) while walking the dog at about 10 pm. I hope it won't be long before I see one - maybe I'll take my digital camera out dogwalking...

No comments: