Sunday, April 21, 2024

Weezer Buddy Holly 1994


 The other day I read an article about it being 30 years since people got on the internet en masse. I think we went on then. Our first computer came with this song on the hard drive so I think this was our first video on the pc. We were on Compuserve which used to chirp 'Welcome to Compuserve' when you went online. My father-in-law was mostly responsible for dragging us into the world of computers - he was keen his grandchildren would be savvy on p.c.s.  I was running a reenactment society at the time and it took a while for people to catch on but I was able to talk to people in the U.S. although there was still a lot of photocopies coming via the postman as it was too slow for documents and photos. Images were still very slow and took a while to download so photo albums still came through the post. In those days when you went online your phone was engaged which caused some frustration. Do you remember your first p.c. experience?