Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Sonny Boy Williamson II - "Trying to make London my Home"

 Here are some Sonny Boy clips. The notes from the video are added here.

This video honors the 50th Anniversary of Sonny Boy Williamson participating in the American Folk Blues Festival European Tour 1963 / 1964

You find here a compilation of all video-material about SBWII available from this tour, from German, British, Swedish and Danish TV-Shows of that time. Willie Dixon plays bass on several songs.

The songs (all with live performance on video except No. 1): - I´m Tryin´ To Make London My Home - Bye bye Bird (several versions) - In My Younger Days - Keep It To Yourself - Gettin´ Out Of Town - Nine Below Zero - Got My Mojo Workin´ (Muddy Waters) - SBWII on harmonica - Black Snake Blues (Victoria Spivey) - SBWII on harmonica - Careless Love (Mae Mercer) - SBWII on harmonica - My One Room Little Cabin - I´m A Lonely Man - Your Funeral - My Trial - What Will Happen When I´m Gone - You´re My Baby - Goin´ Home / It´s Only A TV Show (likely an ad hoc performance) - Bye Bye Baby, Good Bye (Allstars)