Friday, December 03, 2021

The closing of the Settle Frome

 

Pic from Rightmove

So this tea room in Cheap street Frome is closing after 45 years in business. I remember when it opened. The staff were mostly schoolgirls of about our age and they had to wear mob caps. We used to go in when Saturday was  spent going around Frome's record shops and other exciting destinations. Later when we were older the pubs used to close in the afternoon so we would hang out there planning Saturday night. It didn't solely rely on yobs like us but also had shoppers and more genteel clientele. I think we were tolerated. It was also a place if you bumped into someone you could get a lot of tea and smoke a cigarette. I admit I rarely went there when I visited Frome but it does hold many memories of drinking lots of tea. For sale.