Wednesday, August 19, 2020

The Fall Hub Club Bath October 1993

 'The Fall are playing in Bath' said one of my neighbours who knew me to be a Fall fan so he delightedly told me. I raced into Bath to get tickets. They were bought from a record shop in Walcot called Nasher's. The Hub was a tiny venue. I had seen a couple of bands there one I remember was Peel faves Loop Guru. Anyway Sue and I made sure we were right at the front. Of course then you could smoke in pubs and clubs so we didn't need to go out on the street for a puff. Then I noticed a familiar face. Who is that? It was Gremlin one of my brothers old school mates. We exchanged looks of recognition. Then the band came on. I have been at the front at Fall gigs before and it's like standing in front a load of tanks in Tiananmen Square. Crushed under a mighty juggernaut - they weren't called the Mighty Fall for nothing. The Set list was amazing. I post it here for Fall fans. First time I had heard M5. I did save my ticket and get a Set list but this ticket is from http://thefall.org/gigography/gig93.html


https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-fall/1993/the-hub-bath-england-33d7ac75.html


Playlist based on the setlist