Thursday, November 21, 2019

My first real gig - Wings Bristol Hippodrome May 11 1973

Setlist here
James Paul McCartney a TV special from 1973.
I wish I could remember more about this but I was only 12. Support was Brinsley Schwartz but I can't say I particularly dug them. I was wearing a purple corduroy trouser suit with home made Wings badge made by my sister. I went with my big sister and her friend who was known as Splosh. Her mum drove us there in a Morris minor. They debuted the song 'Live and Let Die' with strobe lighting. Highlight for me was the encore Long Tall Sally. It was a big deal as it was the first gig in McCartney 's first real tour and it was all new. We waited after the gig with some die hard fans and got a glimpse of Paul and Linda peeking out at us peeking in at them. 1973 tour wiki
The below clip is from 74 but they started with this one.