Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Russian Crimean War Reenactors









(Note - Inspired by these photos I started a new blog - Warfare in the Age of Steam where there's lots of mid 19thc stuff)
When I started this blog about 5 years ago one of my ideas was to promote the Crimean war as a period - well the 1968 film 'Charge of the Light Brigade' is one of my favourite movies and I really like the period. Well we didn't get very far with it - got a few responses but that was it.


Now I have just seen these pictures of a recent reenactment in the Crimea of the battle of the Alma with mostly Russian reenactors and I am completely impressed and need to let you all in internetland know about it. The group featured is the 33rd Borodinsky Jager regt, 1854-1855 (see pic left). Now I am calling all ACW reenactors, redcoats, Zouaves, Light Dragoons and so on to get together with the aim of making this an epic period.