Sunday, August 25, 2024

Jake Stratton-Kent


 Passed away sadly about 18 months ago. I knew him when he lived in Frome introduced by Duncan. I didn't know about his magical practices I shared common interests like wargaming rock'n'roll and punk. When I knew him he was a reenactor of the Middle Ages British Plate Armour society. We were friends on Facebook but I admit I didn't understand most of his posts. Here is what Goodreads said about him.

Jake Stratton-Kent has been a goetic magician since 1972, making more than forty years of continuous goetic practice. His practical work integrates the magical papyri, italo-french grimoires in particular the Grimorium Verum and African traditional religions with a focus on Quimbanda and magia negra. His interest in magic spans the ancient, medieval, renaissance, and modern as well as stretching from the West to the Middle East and crucially, the New World. His scholarly approach is backed with a personal relationship with the spirits.