Friday, July 05, 2024

Bristol 77 the Dugout club

 When I was a teen I attended college in Bristol learning about printing. We did it in blocks of about a month and initially we stayed in digs in nearby houses. I never once stayed in while I was there. My housemates were naval types and so I would hop on the bus and go see a film if there was nothing else to do.

Ashley Down College. Was originally an orphanage. 
Of course we went to gigs. That's how I met Susan. We used to hang out at a club in Park Row called the Dugout which became famous later during the Trip-hop era. They had punk bands there and stayed open late. We got mugged once but we didn't have any money so it was no big deal. One time a camera crew came down from Bristol University making a film about the punk scene and interviewed us. Would love to see that one day. 


Watch footage from the Dugout here