Tuesday, January 05, 2021

Our old car in the 80s

 

We aren't natural car drivers but back in the late 80s we had an old Passat estate for travelling about. Here it is with our twin domed tents at Allihies in County Cork. 

One of the reasons I don't like driving is once we were driving at night to Dover to do a reenactment in Boulogne and while we were travelling on the motorway a man ran out of the shadows and stood still in front of us trying to kill himself. I swerved and missed him but nearly flipped the car over. I drove on for a while then stopped the car and rang the police but as I was talking  about it a load of cars came driving past. He was killed though I didn't know until weeks later when I had to make a statement with description. Since then I have been a nervous driver. 
My son's first reenactment - Boulogne 1990