The worst part was a postscript. I gave my address to two French bikers - a lot older than me - and they actually turned up on my parents' doorstep while I was at school. My folks put them up reluctantly. They were a handful - they asked me to get them LSD and organise a fight for them. I just took them up the Hexagon suite and let them get on with it. Terrible. My folks eventually passed them onto the twinning committee.
Tuesday, August 25, 2026
Château-Gontier 1976
50 years ago I was participating in a French exchange. Frome was twinned with C-G. I stayed with a nice French family. i still remember their breakfasts. They let me have the use of a moped and I was able to drive it around town. I drank a lot but the family didn't mind. Once I got back and was sleeping on the front path and the mother came out and woke me up and brought me in. I went to a lot of parties and in the day hung out at an open air swimming pool. I visited a French family for a meal and got on really well but draank too much wine and threw up in their hallway. I remember going to a party in a 2 CV with about 9 people in it. Compared to my German exchane which was hell and resulted in me beating up my host this was really pleasant.
